We continue our series on 20 things every parent of special needs kids needs to hear.1 We tackled one through five yesterday. According to Abilities.com:
6. “Play is therapy.” And that means sled hockey, running, throwing, and other activities are providing therapeutic benefits. Let them do those things.
7. “Make time to enjoy your kids.” It’s easy to overschedule. Read, snuggle, or talk.
8. “You will be obligated to make heart wrenching decisions.” “Know that you are doing your best” and that nobody would trade spots with you.
9. “You won’t always get it right.”
10. When you do screw up, “forgive yourself.”
The common theme is we’re human. And, as Christ-followers, Christ has already forgiven us. Tomorrow, we’ll tackle 11-15.
1This Parent Minute series is based on “20 Things Every Parent of Kids with Special Needs Should Hear” by Dr. Darla Clayton, Psy.D., Abilities.com
Suggested Reading: Psalm 139:13-14
Leave A Comment