We’re tackling five more things parents of special needs kids need to hear while raising their kids.1 We already talked about one through ten.
11. “Being a parent is hard. Being a parent to a child with extra needs is extra hard.” And that means more challenges, but you’ll be stronger because of them.
12. Caring for your special needs child “is like a marathon”; “you don’t need to win” it—you just gotta finish.
13. Don’t let your situation change or “reshape” who you are. Remember to enjoy the “things…you enjoy.” You deserve them.
14. “Keep your sense of humor.” There’s no doubt you’re seeing some funny things. Write them down. Share them with friends—maybe in a book!
15. “Celebrate the little things!”
Tomorrow, our final 5.
1This Parent Minute series is based on “20 Things Every Parent of Kids with Special Needs Should Hear” by Dr. Darla Clayton, Psy.D., Abilities.com
Suggested Reading: Psalm 139:13-14
Leave A Comment