I empathize with you. Some of our biggest disagreements with our kids came over clothing. My personal frustration—leggings. Now, I know that women wear them modestly with long sweaters, and that’s okay. But many DON’T. And for guys, it can be a stumbling block. But I realize fashion is always a personal choice. And I hope that our choices will be biblically based. Dawn Wilson writes for Crosswalk.com and encourages us to ask1:
• “Does my clothing illustrate my surrender to the Lord”?
• “Have I focused on my heart, or only my wardrobe?”
• Are my clothes “consistent with transformed thinking”?
• “Am I practicing modesty”?
• “Do I dress with dignity and strength?”
“Yes” to these questions can help avoid conflict.
1“7 Things the Bible Says about Your Clothes” by Dawn Wilson, Crosswalk.com
Suggested Reading: Romans 12:1-2, Matthew 6:28-30, Proverbs 31:25, 30, Proverbs 7:10
Leave A Comment